The system of Lightweight Air Cylinder and Thin Metallic Sleeve in rotogravure printing represents a significant technological leap if we consider that this printing method mostly continues using heavy steel cylinders and has not migrated to lightweight systems like flexography has done. This is the reason why the latter is so widespread worldwide.
Lightweight Air Cylinder and Thin Sleeve systems reduce the risk of accidents and enhance storage system as it does not require heavy infrastructure to move the cylinders. Finally, sleeves are engraved and stored during its entire useful life. This advantage places the gravure system in a spot equally competitive than the flexographic system.
COPPER PLATED LIGHTWEIGHT CYLINDER
Ultra-lightweight cylinder for rotogravure printing, with metal shaft, body of epoxy-based composite material and copper plated.
- It weighs between 30% and 50% less than a conventional steel cylinder, depending on the size.
- Body made of epoxy-based composite material.
- Plated with electrolytic copper 350 microns thick.
- Steel Shaft.
- Excellent dimensional stability due to the exclusive alveolar structure that confers the product an optimum balance between strength, stability and low weight.
Lightweight Air Mandrel made of epoxy-based composite material to be mounted with metal sleeves already engraved and ready to be printed.
- It weighs between 40% and 70% less than a conventional cylinder.
- The exclusive alveolar structure confers the product an optimum balance between strength, stability and low weight.
- Resistance to aggressive solvents. Completely encapsulated, it avoids the absorption of solvents and moisture.
- Suitable for high speed Printing.
ROTOGRAVURE SLEEVE FOR DIRECT ENGRAVING
Copper sleeve with surface hardness and polishing to be engraved and subsequently chromed
- Ultra-lightweight, weighing up to 4kg.
- Easy storage as it does not require large structures as those used for traditional steel cylinders.
- Very agile system for design changes, new works and short runs for seasonal promotions, etc.
- It reduces significantly the logistics and transport costs due to its low weight and easy handling.
Elastomer coated sleeves for lamination processes.
Conical core made of epoxy-based fiberglass, coated with elastomers specifically formulated for application of mono and two-component adhesive
- Good resistance to aggressive solvents.
- Smooth mounting and excellent mandrel hold.
- High resilience.
- Ozone resistant.
- Antistatic properties.